Exploring Reading Options

For Ramayana and Mahabharata, I think I am going to read the anthology versions, as I think it will be interesting to compare the styles of the different authors and I think that I will really enjoy listening to the audio version while reading. I am excited to read the Amar Chatra Katha Comic Books because I used to read similar books when I was a child and I love looking at the illustrations that the authors envision when retelling the epics. I saw the reading guide to the Tale of Durga when looking at different resources and I know that it is something that I will later refer to because I am interested in the goddess Durga and always had a hard time understanding different forms when I learned about her as a child. I love having access to the MLLL-4993 image library because it leads me to popular images related to the stories that we will read and each image has a story withi
n itself. For example, the image of Shiva below led me on a search for more information about the second largest Shiva statue in the world and I found the history behind the statue, as well as the ancient legends associated with it on the Karnataka website. Also, I didn't expect to love them like I do but after this assignment, I just became a Maati Baani fan! I love how they do modern renditions of songs that I listened to growing up and fuse western culture with Indian music.

Shiva in Karnatake (Source: Wikimedia)

Comments

Popular Posts