Storybook Favorites



(King Shantanu and Ganga Source: Dolls of India, Retrieved from How I Met Your Mother Storybook)

How I Met Your MotherI loved this storybook, as the author wrote the story from the perspective of one of the characters of the story. She did a great job in her introduction because even though I am not familiar with the topic, she thoroughly explained the context of the story and explained who the characters are. This site inspired me to insert a feature into my own storybook where readers can go to the next part of the story by clicking a link or arrow at the bottom of the page to make for smooth navigation. I enjoyed the content in this storybook but I want my own storybook to have a site that is as visually compelling as my story.



Real Housewives of Ramayana: I liked this retelling of stories from Ramayana, as it is based on the popular "Real Housewives" series, and it incentivizes me to read on even if I don't have an understanding of Indian Epics just because I like the real show. I like the dramatization of the story because it would make reading a story that you have already read still fun to read. I also like how there is a sidebar on the webpage for easy navigation, although I do not like how the page that first shows when you visit the site is not an introduction or proper home page. Personally, I think I want to go with a more interactive format that makes the site more fun to explore. 



Drona Storybook: Although this storybook was a little confusing to navigate at first, the story itself was my favorite concept. I love how the author made it apparent that he spent time on the visual aspects of the storybook and I would like my own storybook to reflect the same, as it would be more appealing to the readers. I love how the author did not only include stories in a single kind of format by also including a resumé that he created for his character and linking different 'articles'. This storybook makes me want to look into more deeply into the options of different sites that I can create my storybook on, rather just blogger or Wordpress which was the original plan.

Comments

Popular Posts