Growth Mindset: My Motivational Acronym


Image result for parents clipart
A silhouette of parents and their child.
(Source: OpenClipArt)

For this mindset challenge, I chose to create the acronym FTP  to challenge myself to be more growth oriented in the situation that I need to remind myself "FTP.!!". FTP means For The Parents, meaning whatever I am struggling to do, I need to just grow up and conquer it for my parents. My parents have endured so much to come to America and provide my brother and I with the best life as possible, even though it was very difficult for them to find the means to do. When I'm struggling to finish reading my assigned textbook readings, I remember that my parents taught themselves to read by themselves and that I shouldn't be complaining about reading when they worked so hard to earn the luxury of being able to lead. When I have to do that strenuous cross-campus walk and complain about how tiring it is, I remember that my parents used to spend hours on their feet working in a factory with no complaints because it put food on our table.

Everything that I do, I do for my parents, as cliché it sounds. Sometimes people assume that I chose my career path and other life decisions because I want to make my parents happy, but in reality, I'm trying to make myself happy because my happiness depends on how comfortably my parents are living. My parents have taught me that I can grow and become accustomed to any hard conditions that I have to endure and I can't think of anything more more growth-oriented than that!

Comments

Popular Posts