Tech Tip: Google Reverse Image Search

Hey everybody! For this tech tip, I learned how to use Google's Reverse Image Search. As you can see below, I successfully reverse searched and found one of the tiny images that Laura had included for us to find a larger version of in her Tech Tip. I use Google Chrome and I just right-clicked the photo and clicked "Search Google for image". How did I not know this function existed?!!! How is it so easy and accessible? I will be using this ALL of the time FOREVER!

It is not common practice on more casual sites like Twitter and Facebook for people to cite their source for the images that they post so it will be interesting to see if I can use reverse search to find more information or context on images that I want to know more about. I wish I knew about this last week when I had to delete a photo from one of my stories because I didn't know where I had gotten it from!

Image result for ravana facesThe Ravana mask of India by Abi Skipp (2009)
(Source: Flickr)


Comments

Popular Posts