Tech Tip: Google Timer

For this Tech Tip, I tried out the Google Timer for the first time! I love this option, as I usually use my phone as a timer and that can be easily distracting when I'm setting a timer for how long I want to focus on doing my homework before I take a break and I see that I have texts from all of my best friends on my phone waiting for a reply. As you can see below, I typed "set timer for 10 minutes" into Google so I could set a timer for my study break.

I am someone who gets distracted very easily so I always set timers for a set amount of time that I want to buckle down on my work without picking up my phone, getting up to get a snack, somehow ending up on Amazon, etc. Since I am easily distracted, it is also easy for me to over extend my study breaks. Getting up to stretch can turn into 30 minutes of scrolling through Reddit so I always have to set a timer to hold myself accountable to getting back to work. I usually use Pomodoro technique  to study so I will use this timer all of the time. I also use a timer to stretch before I go to sleep so this easily accessible timer will also be used then.

What I typed into the Google search bar to set a 10-minute timer.
(Source: I took this screenshot on my computer)

Comments

Popular Posts